Almond Butter-Dark Chocolate All-Bran® Muffins
Almond butter adds a sweet, nutty flavor to these chocolate-studded bran muffins. Shop for almond butter next to the peanut butter at your grocery or health-food store.
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3/4 cup regular rolled oats
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 medium banana, mashed (1/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup crunchy almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1. In medium bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large bowl combine milk, KELLOGGS ALL-BRAN Original cereal and oats. Let stand about 2 minutes. Add egg, banana, almond butter, cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat well. Add flour mixture and chocolate morsels, stirring until just combined. Portion evenly into eighteen 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray or lined with foil bake cups.
3. Bake at 375°F for 16 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack. Serve warm.