Apple Bran Muffins
Try a new take on your favorite bran muffins. These deliciously hearty muffins call for apple juice, All-Bran® cereal and a low-calorie sugar substitute. Enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons low-calorie granulated sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1.Stir together flour,sugar substitute,baking powder and salt.Set aside.
2.In large mixing bowl, combine Kellogg's® All-Bran® cereal and apple juice.Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens.Add egg and oil. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined.
3. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
4.Bake at 400°F about 26 minutes or until golden brown.Serve warm.
Variation:2 cups milk may be substituted for apple juice.