Apple Bread Pudding
Make this simple almond-studded bread pudding in the autumn, with the first fresh apples of the season. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a harvest-time after-dinner delight.
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 cups sliced apples
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. In large mixing bowl, combine Kellogg's® Complete® Wheat Bran Flakes cereal, sugar, flour, baking powder and spice. Add apples, stirring to coat.
2. Stir in egg whites and vanilla into cereal mixture, mixing until evenly combined. Spread mixture evenly in prepared pie plat. Sprinkle with almonds.
3. Bake at 325°F about 30 minutes or until lightly browned.Serve warm.