Apple Butter Bran Bread
Nothing says "autumn" like apples. And nothing says "wholesome" like All-Bran® cereal. This luscious loaf is a perfect teatime treat. Share a slice with a friend today!
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 1/2 cups apple butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup raisins
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. Combine Kellogg's® All-Bran® cereal, apple butter and lemon juice. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat together shortening and sugar until thoroughly combined. Add egg. Beat well. Stir in cereal mixture and raisins. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray..
4. Bake at 325°F about 1 1/4 hours or until wooden pick insert near center comes out clean.. Let cool in pan 10 minutes before removing from pan. Place on wire rack to cool completely. Wrap with plastic wrap.