Apricot Bran Bread
This sweet, sunny apricot bread is studded with chewy walnuts and scented with real vanilla. A full cup and a half of All-Bran® cereal ensures that this scrumptious quick bread is a treat for your whole body, not just for your taste buds.
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups cut, dried apricots
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. In large mixing bowl, combine boiling water, apricots, KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and shortening. Cool. Stir in egg and vanilla. Beat well.
2. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt and walnuts. Add to cereal mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spary.
3. Bake at 350° F about 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack before slicing.
Yield: 1 loaf, 15 slices