Baked Pork Chops with Stuffing
Potatoes or stuffing? Here's the best answer yet for that age-old question. This savory stuffing, which bakes with the pork chops in a single dish, owes its sweetness to a delightful mixture of All-Bran® cereal and whole kernel corn. Serve with a simple green salad for a comforting family meal.
- 1 tablespoon chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup canned, whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup liquid drained from corn, stock or milk
- 6 pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. In small saucepan, cook onion and celery in shortening, over medium heat until soft, stirring frequently.
2. Combine bread crumbs, KELLOGG'S® ALL-BRAN® cereal, seasonings, corn and liquid in large mixing bowl. Add cooked onions and celery, mixing lightly. Spread in 10 x 6 x 2-inch (1 1/2 qt.) glass baking dish or coated with cooking spray. Arrange pork chops over stuffing. Sprinkle with salt. Cover.
3. Bake at 375° F for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until meat is tender and no longer pink.