Banana Nut Bread
This classic quick bread makes a perfect on-the go-breakfast or a tasty anytime snack. Its clean banana taste, punctuated by the earthy bite of walnuts, is sure to please the whole family. But don't take our word for it – with only a 20-minute prep time, you can try a loaf today!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup mashed, ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Stir together flour,baking powder,soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In separate mixing bowl, mix together KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal,bananas,eggs and vanilla.Let stand about 5 minutes or until cereal softens.
3. In large electric mixer bowl, beat together margarine and sugar on medium speed, until thoroughly combined. Add flour alternately with cereal mixture.Mixwell after each addition.Stir in walnuts.Spread evenly in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 350° F about 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Serve warm or cold.Store in airtight container.
Yield: 1 loaf, 14 slices