Berry Patch Tea Cake
Berry-licious! These simple tea cakes, which you can throw together in just 15 minutes with the help of a biscuit mix, are bursting with the fresh taste of fruit. As pretty as they are yummy, they feature a layer of cake, a layer of berry preserves (you choose the flavor) and a crunchy cereal topping. They taste just as great for dessert as they do for breakfast. Yum!
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups packaged biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons shortening, softened
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup fruit preserves
1. Place KELLOGG'S® COMPLETE® Wheat Flakes cereal in small bowl. Toss lightly with cinnamon and butter. Set aside.
2. Measure biscuit mix, sugar, shortening, egg, milk, and vanilla into mixing bowl; beat about 1 minute or until well mixed. Pour into greased 9-inch round baking pan. Dot preserves over batter. Sprinkle cereal mixture over preserves. Cut through topping into batter at regular intervals to give a marbleized appearance.
3. Bake at 350° F about 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cut into wedges to serve.