Blueberry Bran Loaf
If July had a flavor, it would be blueberry. But this scrumptious bread, loaded with summer berries and hearty All-Bran® cereal, gives you more than just a taste escape.
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (not thawed)
1. Stir together cereal, flours, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat orange juice, eggs and oil until well combined. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Gently stir in blueberries. Spread evenly in 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350°F about 50 minutes or until lightly browned and wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely on wire rack before slicing.
Add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts with blueberries.