Bran Apple Crisp
Every family has a favorite apple crisp recipe that's been passed down for generations. Here's your chance to try our Bran Apple Crisp! The All-Bran® cereal in the topping is just the right balance for the sweet-tart apples. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 20
Total Time: 80
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 6 cups sliced, unpeeled baking apples
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Plain low-fat yogurt (optional)
1. In medium mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, flour and brown sugar. Using pastry blender, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside for topping.
2. Mix together apples, granulated sugar and cinnamon. Place in shallow 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle cereal mixture evenly over apples.
3. Bake at 325° F about 45 minutes or until apples are tender and cereal mixture has browned. Serve warm with dollop of plain or vanilla yogurt, if desired.
Yield: 8 servings