Bran Apple Crisp
Every family has a favorite apple crisp recipe that's been passed down for generations. Here's your chance to try our Bran Apple Crisp! The All-Bran® cereal in the topping is just the right balance for the sweet-tart apples. Enjoy!
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 6 cups sliced, unpeeled baking apples
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Plain low-fat yogurt (optional)
1. In medium mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S® ALL-BRAN® cereal, flour and brown sugar. Using pastry blender, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside for topping.
2. Mix together apples, granulated sugar and cinnamon. Place in shallow 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle cereal mixture evenly over apples.
3. Bake at 325° F about 45 minutes or until apples are tender and cereal mixture has browned. Serve warm with dollop of plain or vanilla yogurt, if desired.
Yield: 8 servings