Bran Baked Fish
Nutty, crunchy, All-Bran® cereal makes a yummy coating for baked whitefish, sealing in its natural juices to keep it light and flaky. Serve with sautéed green beans or steamed broccoli for a delicious change from the everyday dinner.
- 1 3/4 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 pound frozen or fresh perch fillets, thawed, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. In electric blender or food processor, crush cereal into fine crumbs. Add garlic powder, basil, lemon peel, cheese and margarine. Place in shallow pan or plate. Set aside.
2. In small bowl, combine yogurt, salt, pepper, lemon juice and ketchup. Coat fish with yogurt mixture then, cereal mixture, covering completely. Place in single layer, on shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray or foil lined.
3. Bake at 375°F about 10 minutes. Turn fish. Bake 10 minutes longer or until fish flakes. For food safety, the internal temperature of the fish should be a minimum of 145ºF. Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley.