A lovely change from ordinary sandwich bread! This sweet nutty-tasting yeast bread is sweetened with dark molasses and enriched with All-Bran® cereal. It's perfect for lunch with egg or chicken salad or toasted in the morning and spread with butter and jam. Yum!
- 9 cups unsifted flour
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 3 packages dry yeast
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 cups very warm water (120 to130 °F)
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
1. In large electric mixer bowl, thoroughly combine 2 cups of the flour, KELLOGG'S® ALL-BRAN® cereal, sugar, salt and dry yeast. Add margarine.
2. Gradually add water and molasses to cereal mixture and beat 2 minutes at medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally. Add 1 cup flour. Beat at high speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in enough additional flour to make stiff dough. Turn out onto lightly floured board. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover. Let rest on board 15 minutes.
3. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into 12 x 9-inch rectangle. Shape into loaves. Place in two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Cover. Let rise in warm place, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
4. Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until done. Remove from pans. Cool on wire racks.