When was the last time you had homemade crackers? Never? Then it's certainly time to give them a try! These All-Bran® cereal crackers, flavored with onion and caraway seeds, are crispy, delicious and more nutritious than the store-bought kind. Not to mention – making your own is loads of fun! A perfect accompaniment for soups or dips.
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- Coarse salt, optional
1. Stir together KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk in medium mixing bowl. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens.
2. In medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, onion and caraway seed. Using pastry blender, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in cereal mixture. Shape dough into ball.
3. Roll out to 1/16-inch thickness on floured surface. Cut into 2-inch circles or shapes. Prick several times with fork. Sprinkle with coarse salt, if desired. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
4. Bake at 350° F about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheets. Cool on wire racks.
Yield: 3 dozen (36) crackers