Bran Cranberry Crown
This year, welcome Christmas with this modern version of a classic English holiday dessert. This lovely steamed pudding, topped with cranberry-brandy sauce, will delight your family and holiday guests alike. Cheerio!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons brandy or orange juice
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brandy or orange juice
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, beat together margarine, brown sugar and orange peel until thoroighly combined. Add egg yolks. Beat well. Add flour mixture alternately with milk and brandy. Stir in KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and the 1 cup cranberries. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into cereal mixture. Turn into 6-cup pudding mold, which has been coated with cooking spray and spinkled with granulated sugar.
3. Cover, and place on rack in large kettle. Add boiling water to come half-way up side of mold. Cover kettle and bring water to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until wooden pick inserted in center of pudding comes out clean. Remove mold from kettle, cool 10 minutes, unmold and serve with Cranberry Brandy Sauce.
4. In large saucepan, mix the 2 cups cranberries, granulated sugar and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Bring to boil and cook until cranberries begin to pop. Remove from heat and stir in brandy. Serve warm.
Pudding may be made ahead, wrapped in foil and reheated in 350°'F oven about 20 minutes or until warm.