The great summertime scone! These round, stovetop scones bake in a skillet on a burner, instead of in your oven, so they help keep your kitchen cool. Featuring whole-wheat flour and All-Bran® cereal, they're great for breakfast, served warm out of the pan, with butter, marmalade and fresh fruit
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup skim milk
1. In large mixing bowl, stir together whole wheat flour, KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using pastry blender, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse meal.
2. Beat together egg and milk. Add to flour mixture. Stir until well combined. Knead on lightly floured surface 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth. Roll out dough until1/2 inch thick. Cut with 2 inch biscuit cutter.
3. Place scones in heated, lightly greased or teflon-lined fry pan. Cook over low heat 10 minutes, turn and cook 10 minutes longer. Serve warm or cold.
Yield: 14 scones