Brana-ana Nut Coffee Cake
Looking for something special to serve at your next coffee klatch? This pretty round loaf is a scrumptious treat that's perfect to share. With walnuts, bananas, and a nutritious boost from All-Bran® cereal, There's something for everyone to love.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup thinly sliced, ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S® ALL-BRAN® cereal, milk and bananas. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and shortening. Beat well. Stir in nuts. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread evenly in 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 400° F about 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from ring mold and cool completely on wire rack.
4. Frost with thin confectioners' icing and sprinkle with additional chopped nuts, if desired. Serve warm or cold.