Chewy Wheat Bran Cookies
Chewy dried apricots make these cookies something special. Enriched with more than 3 cups of All-Bran® cereal for added fiber and a nutty, sweet taste, these cookies make a great after-school treat. Serve them fresh from the oven with a tall glass of ice-cold milk.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1/3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/3 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar or granulated sugar (optional)
1. Combine flour, soda and salt (if desired); set aside.
2. In large mixer bowl beat together brown sugar, butter, milk, egg whites and vanilla until combined. Mix in dry ingredients. Stir in cereal and apricots.
3. Drop dough by slightly rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
3. Bake in 375° F oven about 9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack. Cool completely.
Yield: 42 cookies