Cranberry Chicken Burgers
Ready to take a break from the ubiquitous all-beef burger? Then check out this elegant chicken-and-cranberry alternative. Spiked with dried cranberries and glazed with currant jelly, it strikes the perfect balance between savory and sweet. Grilling just got sophisticated!
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, toasted, or 2 tablespoons Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked ground chicken or ground turkey
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly, melted
- 5 hamburger buns, split
- 5 lettuce leaves
1. In large bowl stir together egg, KELLOGG'S® ALL-BRAN® ORIGINAL cereal, green onions, almonds, thyme, seasoned salt and pepper. Add ground chicken and cranberries; mix well. Shape mixture into five 3/4-inch-thick patties. (Patties will be soft.)
2. Grill patties over medium coals for 12 to 14 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once halfway through grilling.* Brush with jelly during the last 5 minutes of grilling time. Serve in buns with lettuce leaves.
*NOTE: Patties may also be cooked in contact grill. Preheat contact grill for 5 minutes. Cook patties in grill for 6 to 9 minutes or until juices run clear (160°F). Drizzle with jelly mixture after cooking. Serve as directed above.