Easy Bran Pie Crust
All-Bran® cereal gives this easy crust a lovely texture and a nutty, sweet taste. A great way to include fiber in your favorite pie or quiche recipe.
- 3/4 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 3/4 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
1. In medium mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S® ALL-BRAN® cereal and flour. Using pastry blender, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk, stirring until entire mixture is moistened. Dough will seem slightly crumbly. With back of spoon, press mixture evenly and firmly in bottom and on side of 9-inch pie pan to form crust.
2. Fill and bake pie as directed in individual recipe. Or for baked crust, prick bottom and sides with fork.
3. Bake at 400°F about 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. Use for any refrigerated or frozen filling.
Yield: 1 crust