Easy Rolls Recipe
A busy mom's best friend! Keep a batch of this savory yeast dough on hand in your refrigerator and you can pamper your family with warm, fresh-from-the-oven rolls anytime.
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115° F)
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 6 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Set aside.
2. Measure shortening, sugar, KELLOGG'S® ALL-BRAN® cereal and salt into large mixing bowl. Add boiling water. Stir until shortening is melted. Let stand until lukewarm.
3. Mix half the flour into cereal mixture. Stir in yeast mixture and eggs. Mix in remaining flour. Refrigerate, tightly covered, overnight and use as needed. May be stored 2 to 3 days.
4. Remove dough from refrigerator 1 hour before shaping rolls. Punch down. Place three 1-inch balls of dough in greased 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups. Cover and let rise in warm place until double in volume (about 1 hour).
5. Bake at 425°F about 12 minutes or until well browned. Serve hot.
Yield: 3 dozen (36) rolls