Good enough for your local diner - if your local diner served nutritious food! These tasty griddlecakes have an authentic down-home flavor, but with an extra dose of fiber from All-Bran® cereal. Serve them hot off the griddle with warm maple syrup. This is what Saturday mornings are made for!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, soda, salt and sugar. Set aside.
2. Combine KELLOGG'S® ALL-BRAN® cereal and hot water. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat egg and milk. Stir in cereal mixture. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined.
4. Bake on preheated griddle at 375°F until browned on both sides, turning only once. Serve with brown sugar, syrup, honey or jelly, if desired.