Grilled Personal Pizzas
The perfect Friday night dinner for the whole family! Everybody loves to make his own personal pizza, and it's even more fun when it's done on the grill. Our version is super-easy, since the crust is made with a hot roll mix enriched with All-Bran® cereal. Just add your favorite toppings and enjoy
- 1 package (16 oz.) hot roll mix
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- Desired toppings
1. For crusts, prepare hot roll mix according to package directions for pizza dough, except in a large bowl stir KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN ORIGINAL cereal and the yeast into the water; let stand for 5 minutes; add to roll mix and continue as directed.
2. Divide dough into 8 balls. On a lightly floured surface, roll each ball into a 7-inch circle. Place circles 2 inches apart on two 17 x 11 x 1-inch baking sheets lined with parchment paper or wax paper and sprinkled with cornmeal.
3. For a charcoal grill, place half of the dough rounds on greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill 2 to 3 minutes or until puffed and golden brown on bottoms. Remove from grill. Repeat with remaining dough rounds. (For gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place half of the dough rounds on greased grill rack directly above heat. Cover and grill as above).
4. Top browned side of crusts with desired toppings. Place pizzas on greased rack of grill directly over medium heat. Cover and grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and bottom of crusts are browned. Serve warm.
- Pesto & Shrimp: Spread each pizza crust with prepared pesto. Top with peeled, cooked shrimp or shredded cooked chicken, roasted red sweet pepper strips, quartered pitted Greek-style olives, and shredded pizza blend cheese.
- Twist on Italian: In a skillet brown a thinly sliced Italian-style cooked turkey or chicken sausage link (or grill sausage whole until browned, then slice). Spread each pizza crust with purchased pizza sauce; sprinkle with shredded mozzarella or provolone cheese and top with sausage.
- Grilled Veggie: Brush a portobello mushroom, thick slices of sweet onion, and zucchini slices with olive oil; sprinkle with garlic salt. Grill vegetables over medium coals about 8 minutes or until tender; turning once. Chop grilled vegetables. Spread each pizza crust with purchased pizza sauce; top with grilled vegetables and thin slices of fresh mozzarella cheese or shredded smoked mozzarella cheese.
- Extra Cheese: Spread each pizza crust with purchased Alfredo or pizza sauce. Sprinkle each with grated Parmesan cheese and shredded pizza blend cheese. Top with a pinch of crushed red pepper (if desired).