Hearty Wheat Bran Bread
We love toast! And so will you if you make it with this nutritious and satisfying wheat-bran-enriched yeast bread. The addition of All-Bran® cereal makes the dough slightly sweet − just right for spreading with butter and raspberry jam. A perfect morning treat!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal
- 1 1/3 cups warm fat free milk (120 - 130 F)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites
1. In large electric mixer bowl, combine 1 cup of the flour, sugar, salt, yeast and cereal. Mix in warm milk and let stand 2 minutes or until cereal has absorbed milk. Beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Add oil and egg whites, mixing until combined.
2. Stir in remaining flour by hand. Dough will be sticky. Cover and let rise in warm place until double, about 1 1/2 hours. Punch down dough and spread in greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan. Cover and let rise until double in volume, about 1 hour.
3. Bake in 375°F oven about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Yield: 1 loaf