Honey Orange Bran Bread
This orange-and-spice-flavored bran bread is a gorgeous addition to your Sunday brunch table. Serve it fresh from the oven with a spread of creamy butter or a dash of cream cheese. It's special enough for weekend guests or to make any old morning feel like a holiday.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1. Stir together four, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, honey, orange peel and orange juice. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg whites, oil and sugar. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread evenly in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350° F about 50 minutes or until lightly browned and wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Yield: 1 loaf, 16 slices