Hot Roll Bran Bread
Wheat germ, honey and All-Bran® cereal enrich this easy, homemade bran bread that starts with a package of hot roll mix. Serve this mouthwatering loaf warm from the oven, with apple butter or orange marmalade.
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 package (13 3/4 oz.) hot roll mix
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115° F)
- 2 eggs
1. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S® ALL-BRAN® cereal, wheat germ, salt, margarine, honey and boiling water. Let stand until lukewarm.
2. Dissolve yeast from hot roll mix in warm water. Add yeast mixture, eggs and packaged flour mixture to cereal mixture. Beat well. Cover lightly. Let rise in warm place until double in volume (30 to 40 minutes).
3. Stir down dough. Spoon into 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.Cover and let rise in warm place until double in volume (30 to 40 minutes).
4. Bake at 375°F about 40 minutes or until deep golden brown. If loaf becomes too brown, cover with foil during last 10 minutes of baking. Immediately remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
Yield: 1 loaf, 15 slices
1 1/2 cups KELLOGG'S® Raisin Bran® cereal or 1 cup KELLOGG'S® COMPLETE® Wheat Bran Flakes cereal may be substituted for the KELLOGG'S® ALL-BRAN® cereal.