Lemon Poppy Seed Snack Cake
This gorgeous cake offers a double dose of lemon. Lemon yogurt gives this cake a lovely, pound-cake-like texture, while lemon peel adds just the right zing. It's so good, you'll never miss the egg yolks and butter − and you won't give a thought to the extra fiber boost from the All-Bran® cereal. All you'll think about is how heavenly it tastes!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup (8 oz.) low-fat, lemon flavored yogurt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
1. Stir together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, soda, salt and poppy seeds. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, milk, egg whites, oil, yogurt and lemon peel. Let stand about 5 minutes or until cereal softens. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread evenly in 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350° F about 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool and dust with powdered sugar before serving.