Mac and Cheese Recipe
Never had from-scratch mac-n-cheese? Now's the time! This classic homemade comfort food is creamy, rich and delicious - a far cry from the waxy, boxed version. With a crunchy All-Bran® cereal topping that adds a boost of flavor and fiber, it's a yummy Saturday afternoon lunch the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 pound box (16 oz) pasta (any desired shape)
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 ounces Bleu cheese
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain. Place in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. For the topping, in a small bowl mix 2 tablespoons melted butter with KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN ORIGINAL cereal and ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
4. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour. Slowly add milk until mixture is smooth. Stir over medium-high heat for 1 minute.
5. Turn heat to low. Add Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, Bleu cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese. Mix well, stirring until cheese is melted. Stir in KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN COMPLETE WHEAT FLAKES cereal.
6. Pour cheese mixture over prepared pasta and mix well. Place in large 3-quart baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle topping evenly over mac and cheese.
7. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and topping is slightly browned.