Make this classic Italian soup with fresh, homegrown vegetables from your local farmers market. Serve with a crisp, green salad and a warm-from-the-oven baguette for a satisfying and delicious meal that the whole family will love.
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped leeks
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped potatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 can (28 oz.) whole tomatoes, chopped and undrained
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (16 oz.) Great Northern beans, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen peas
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Snipped parsley
1.In 8-quart saucepan or stockpot, saute onion, leeks and garlic in oil. Add zucchini, carrots, potatoes and celery. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.Add tomatoes with liquid, chicken broth, beans, salt, pepper, basil, bay leaf and parsley. Cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add peas. Simmer 10 minutes longer until vegetables are tender.
2. Remove bay leaf and parsley. Stir in KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal. Servehot garnished with Parmesan cheese and snipped parsley.