Molasses Bran Coffee Ring
Try this lovely coffee ring in the darkest winter when you need a late afternoon lift. Studded with raisins and enriched with 2 full cups of All-Bran® cereal, it's rich with the deep, sweet flavor of molasses and accented by a zing of orange. This yummy ring is best served warm, with a cup of steaming hot coffee or tea.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup orange juice
1. Stir together flour, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg, molasses and shortening. Beat well. Stir in raisins. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined.
3. Mix together sugar, orange peel and orange juice. Pour into 8 1/4-inch ring mold coated with cooking spray. Spread batter evenly over mixture.
4. Bake at 375° F about 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Invert pan onto serving plate and let stand a few minutes before removing.Serve hot.
An 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray, may be used in place of ring mold.