Sausage Bran Corncake
Great for family gatherings, holidays or slumber parties, this easy and crowd-pleasing brunch dish is a great breakfast treat to serve when you have multiple overnight guests. Enriched with All-Bran® cereal, studded with chewy sweet corn, and topped with savory sausage links, this meal-in-a pan is delicious served hot, straight from the oven, with warm maple syrup or cheese sauce.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 3/4 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained, reserving liquid
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal
- or 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal
- 24 fully cooked, breakfast sausage links
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. To reserved corn liquid, add milk to measure 1 cup. In large mixing bowl, combine milk mixture, corn, oil, eggs and KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal. Mix well. Add flour mixture, mixing until well combined. Spread evenly in 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Arrange sausage links over batter in 2 uniform rows.
3. Bake at 400° F about 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm with maple syrup, applesauce or Cheese Sauce, if desired.
Stir 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper and 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion into batter. Serve with Cheese Sauce.
2 tablespoons margarine
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1 1/3 cups milk
2 cups finely choppped American cheese
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon chopped chives
In 2-quart saucepan, melt margarine over low heat. Stir in flour and mustard Add milk, stirring until smooth. Increase heat to medium and cook until mixture boils, stirring constantly. Continue cooking and stirring 1 minute longer. Add cheese and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until cheese is melted. Remove from heat. Serve over Corncake sprinkled with chives.