Savory Bran Topping
Give main dishes and appetizers a savory, high-fiber topping made with All-Bran® cereal. Flavored with basil, oregano and Parmesan cheese, this topping tastes great over salads, vegetables or in Savory Bran Muffins.
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 3 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 3 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Melt margarine in medium fry pan, over low heat. Add onions and cook until tender, stirring constantly. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spread evenly in 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan.
2. Bake at 350° F for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. Store in airtight container.
3. Serve over tossed greens salad, sliced fresh tomatoes, cooked vegetables or pasta. May also be used to make Savory Bran Muffins.
Yield: 3 cups
This recipe can be used to make Savory Bran Muffins.