Simply Spaghetti Squash
Our favorite part of summer is the homegrown veggies - and this lovely side dish is a great way to showcase them! Top it with thin slices of grilled or sautéed chicken breast to make a colorful, nutritious and delicious one-dish meal. Serve with crusty bread for a lovely al fresco dining experience.
Prep Time: 15
Total Time: 25
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienned (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, julienned (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 2 cups hot cooked spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal
1. In large deep fry pan, saute bell pepper, onions and garlic in oil, over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes or until slightly softened. Add tomatoes, zucchini, vinegar, salt, pepper and basil. Continue cooking and stirring 3 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
2. Add spaghetti squash to vegetables. Toss to combine. Add KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal. Toss again. Serve immediately.
Yield: 5 cups