Stuffed Green Peppers
Festive and beautiful! These gorgeous stuffed vegetables are great for a picnic or dinner party buffet. Use red, yellow and orange peppers to add visual appeal, and serve with marinara sauce on the side. A green salad, crusty French bread, and a cheese tray complete the meal.
- 1/3 cup uncooked, long grain, white rice
- 1 can (16 oz., 2 cups) whole peeled tomatoes, drained, reserving liquid
- 6 medium green bell peppers
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped, unpeeled zucchini (1 small)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal
1. Cook rice according to package directions, using reserved tomato liquid in place of water. Set aside any remaining reserved tomato liquid.
2. Cut off tops of peppers and remove seeds. Cook, uncovered, in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. Chop tomatoes. In medium mixing bowl, combine with remaining ingredients,cooked rice and 1/4 cup of the reserved tomato liquid, stirring gently.(Use water, if not enough reserved tomato liquid.)
4. Spoon rice mixture into peppers. Place in shallow baking dish. Add water just to cover bottom of dish. Cover with glass cover for baking dish or with foil.
5. Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes or until hot and peppers are tender. Serve hot with tomato sauce, if desired.