Wheat Bran Muffins Recipe
These classic wheat bran muffins are richly flavored with cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar. Enriched with All-Bran® cereal for a nutty, sweet flavor, they're great in your lunchbox or at your breakfast table.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
2. In large bowl combine KELLOGG'S COMPLETE Wheat Flakes cereal, milk and sugar. Let stand 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg whites and oil; beat well.
3. Add flour mixture to cereal mixture, stirring just until combined. Evenly portion batter into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray or lined with foil bake cups.
4. Bake at 375° F about 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in muffin pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack. Cool completely.