Wheat Bran Muffins Recipe
These classic wheat bran muffins are richly flavored with cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar. Enriched with All-Bran® cereal for a nutty, sweet flavor, they're great in your lunchbox or at your breakfast table.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
2. In large bowl combine KELLOGG'S® COMPLETE® Wheat Flakes cereal, milk and sugar. Let stand 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg whites and oil; beat well.
3. Add flour mixture to cereal mixture, stirring just until combined. Evenly portion batter into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray or lined with foil bake cups.
4. Bake at 375°F about 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in muffin pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack. Cool completely.