Whole Wheat Bran Muffins
These are perhaps the most delicious low-cholesterol muffins you've ever tasted! Made with All-Bran® cereal for a sweet, nutty taste. They're sure to be a new favorite for your lunchbox or afternoon snack
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspon salt
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Stir together flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine Kellogg's® All-Bran® cereal and milk. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and oil. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 400° F about 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Yield: 12 muffins